- News & Events
- About MTS Sensors
- About MTS Test
- Global Presence
- Environment & Sustainability
- Customer Case Studies
- Product Safety & Design
- MTS Patents
- Quality Management Systems
- Supplier Information
- Terms & Conditions
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information contact:
MTS RECEIVES ENERGY EFFICIENCY AWARD FROM XCEL ENERGY
Eden Prairie, Minn. – May 21, 2018 – MTS Systems Corporation (NASDAQ: MTSC), a leading global supplier of high-performance test systems and sensors, today announced receipt of a Recognition of Excellence Award for efforts to improve energy efficiency.
- Consolidate data center emergency backup power sources
- Eliminate hundreds of individual electrical appliances
- Reduce waste in compressed air system
- Communicate energy saving practices for individual workstations to reduce overnight power consumption
- Replace approximately 9,000 T8 florescent bulbs with Type A LED units, for an estimated 784,800 kWh per year savings.
- Educational seminars about recycling, composting, and LED lighting upgrades
- Reusable water bottles for employees
- Opportunities for campus clean-up
- Bike garage for bicycle commuters
- Onsite Electric Vehicle charging program for employee vehicles.
“MTS constantly looks for ways to improve the energy efficiency of our products and facilities. As a large manufacturer, our decisions about energy use have great impact on the area’s total energy consumption,” states Dr. Jeffrey Graves, MTS President and CEO. “MTS thanks Xcel Energy for recognizing our efforts to improve energy efficiency, and appreciates our employees’ dedication to energy savings.”
About MTS Systems Corporation
MTS Systems Corporation’s testing hardware, software and services solutions help customers accelerate and improve their design, development and manufacturing processes and are used for determining the mechanical behavior of materials, products and structures. MTS’s high-performance sensors provide controls for a variety of applications measuring motion, pressure, position, force and sound. MTS had 3,500 employees as of September 30, 2017 and revenue of $788 million for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2017. Additional information on MTS can be found at http://www.mts.com.